Sunday 13 January 2008

Feedback from the tutorial

On my turorial with Mr Bush, we have looked at my plan and discussed what needed to be added and what needed to be improved, and that i need to inclued footnotes and quotes in my introduction.
firstly we started by the title of my study and that the wording needed to be changed, and that i needed a quote to include from then movie, in order to start my essay, which i have added.
in orde to get some sort of idea,Mr bush gave me a suggestion to look at other people's blogs from the past years which had some issues which are similair to my issue, such as black stereotyping and black representations.
The other thing that i needed to add is to research on other movies which use the same issues as my topic and use the same types of representations, which is black representations as my movie uses.
i also needed to include in my plan, paragraphs which focus on representations and stereotypes of black people and use of theorists and things such as whether 50 Cent is real or weather his personality is being constructed in the movie.
stereotypes of black people:
what is a stereotype?
how are they used?
how do they come about?
and how stereotypes used in a gangster movie.
Then i will need to include a paragraph on black male stereotypes, and after looking at other movies which are quiet related to my text, and see if black males are always represented violent, and also do more research on the theorist Stuart Hall which investigated more on the black male being violent.
i will also relate my study, which black people face which is Racism and how this issue has been a big problem for black people and might have caused these males to become gangsters, and issues that have been a problem for black people from the past such as Colonialism/Slavery etc... and what are the reasons for those stereotypes.

TIPS to improve my study:
include quotes and footnotes in my introduction.
research more other texts which use nearly the same issues as my topic.
improve my plan in order to start writing my study.
do more research on books.
...and finally start writting my study as soon as possible and draft it many times, in order to have a good final piece of work.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Lamia,
I am an English guy writing from the States. I found your blog when doing a Google search for 'Stuart Hall' today. I thought you work was very impressive. I am at university in Michigan, studying to get a doctorate in African Diaspora Studies and I teach similar courses on black representation to my students. I just wanted to encourage you to keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Tim